Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Time Flies

The weather has been amazing the last few days, if only it would stay like this a little longer. I know that it will either heat back up or drop another 15-20 degrees in the next few weeks so I'm trying to enjoy all this amazing weather. Saturday after I got off work Frank and I went out to dinner and recieved a phone call from his old friend Busch and Wife. They wanted to come over, so instead of going home and curling up on the couch with a movie as planned, they came over and brought their son, who is about four years old.

I look at Frank "The house is definitely not 4 year old proofed". He drops me off at home for a quick clean up and he runs to the store for a bottle of wine. When he gets back he asks if his friend Biker and his new girlfriend can come over too. I would like a buffer between me and Busch and Wife so I enthusiastically agree. I may go into why I don't care for Busch or Wife later on if they come up again. We turn the Xbox on and start up the fighting game as Busch and Wife knock. ADD Child wastes no time in throwing a hissy fit about being there. I suppose I don't blame him, it is 9pm and most 4 year olds I know are in bed by now. he stands in the corner for about 45 minutes.

Frank and I play a round of DOA5 and we pass the controller around, winner gets to keep playing. Just as I decide that I've had enough of these people, Biker and his girl are at the door. I introduce myself to her and we start chatting. She isn't into the game, and I get bored with it pretty quickly. ADD Child is now running around asking all of us if we have games on our phones. They didn't bring anything for him to do while we visited. So he kills the battery on three cell phones and looses interest halfway through four different matches on the video game. After two more (brief) visits to the corner I suggest coloring in a coloring book. Can't find my crayons, but if I color with him, markers should be fine. So we sit down to color a picture of a fish that he picks out. He decides on a very dark grey green marker and squiggles all over it for about 20 seconds before making a tiny mark on his hand. He begins wailing. Wife informs me that he isn't supposed to get messy. I try to explain to ADD Child that a small mark on his hand is ok, we can wash it off when we are finished and he just cries harder. So I cap the markers and take him to wash his hands, where I am informed that he doesn't need soap, and that by picking him up to reach, I am hurting him. I give up trying to help with him. He ends up in the corner a few more times before the evening is through. I sit back down to talk to Biker's girl. She asks about the dogs and I ask about her job.

OMG she teaches a yoga class.

She is a yogi!

Yogi also does massages. How cool is that? Biker, Frank, Busch, and Wife all go outside to smoke and I sit inside and talk to my new friend. They do paddle board yoga sometimes, I should join them! Actually, she has a class in the morning at 9:45, I should come! Frank and Biker come back in and ask if they can go play disc golf in the morning. Looks like Sunday is going to be a great day.

After an intense yoga session with Yogi, we meet the boys at the disc golf range. JK, who I have known for about two years happens to be there, funny running into someone like that! So we all play together, Yogi tells me that she is pretty horrible, but she has fun anyway. I am pretty horrible too. I think I threw a +25 on 18 holes (baskets?). Frank did +2, not bad for a beginner! We decide to do it all again next week!

I decide that yoga makes me feel awesome. I love yoga, I took a class at the local community college. Twice. So I have decided that I want to do something every day. Maybe not yoga every day, but something. So Monday I went to Momma's to do laundry and I walked down three flights of stairs to the gym where I rode the eliptical and did the hip abductor thing. 3 sets on the hips, 7 minutes on eliptical, 3 sets, 4 more minutes on, three more sets, 5 minutes on, three final sets. After 3 minutes on the eliptical the first time my heart rate was way up at 185, so I tried to keep it closer to 175 after that. Wow did my legs hurt after! Then I had to walk back up three flights of stairs. I meant to do yoga yesterday, but I didn't make it. Today I am going back to Momma's to do another load of laundry and more of the gym stuff. I'm going to try to keep record of what I do here on the blog, I think it may help me keep up with it!

4 comments:

bulletholes said...

Way to go Water Baby! Sounds like a good weekend, a good life.

red dirt girl said...

Your dad gives awesome advice, Water Baby (reading back through your blog). But I do hope the new job will offer a bit more than crossword puzzles ....

So I will share a bit of red dirt wisdom: your old job is hard to leave because it fulfills your desire to help, to teach, to interact with animals you love and their owners. However, letting it go makes sense because the REST of the job - management and corporate polices etc. were making your life miserable. It was a two-edged sword.

You will be happiest when you find your 'sweet spot.' That place where you can be you - you can share; you can teach; you can do something that you have a passion for; and it will pay you benefits :) In the meantime, buy a really good crossword puzzle dictionary.

And please keep blogging!
xxx

Annelisa said...

Lol the ADD child sounded like a monster...but I suspect his parents were 'Frankenstein' and made him so, poor thing!

Your dad popped over to seeme at my blog, and Told me you were back again...I see another of my old friends RDG is here too!!! Wow, so great!

I do yoga too...even though I only do it in a class once a week, it sure does balance me out! A few weeks without it and I'm feelin it all over!

Good to see you here again WB XX

Waterbaby said...

So glad to hear from yall!
RDG- I plan on working here through college, I hope that once I earn my B.A. I can find a job teaching somewhere!
Annelisa!- Frankenmom and Frankendad get on my nerves! Yoga does wonders for you dosent it? I keep trying to convince Frank to take a class with me, but he is convinced he will get stuck like a pretzel!