Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hoping, Wishing, Dreaming, Planning

I did end up working out one more time last week at Momma's gym and I did yoga again on Sunday morning. Disc golf again and we went to look at a house. Not to buy, but to rent. With the dogs I would love to have a backyard so we have been searching for a new place when our lease is up. My good friend Owl called me about two weeks ago, her friend had a house that he was trying to rent out. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, two living areas and a huuuge backyard. We were planning on splitting rent and sharing the place. Frank and I got excited, so we did a drive by. I met the nice neighbor, an older gentleman by the name of John Smith. He showed us the backyard and gave us a history on the house, which was nice. The house itself was relaly cute, but the yard needed to be cleaned up quite a bit "Yeah, Potential Landlord isn't really the outdoorsy type." The grass hadn't been mowed in three years! Mr. Smith was the one to cut the grass back then.

Frank and I decide that we can deal with a little yard work ourselves, awesome! It sounded like a good little house with some awesome potential. However, Owl informed me today that Potential Landlord hadn't paid his mortgage in three months and owed the electric company $2,000. Frank and I are now looking at new places. There are two homes in particular that have grabbed my attention. One is halfway between my job and Frank's school. Three bedrooms, Two baths, big yard but no fence. A few block from the lake so that we can walk down and go fishing if we want. It's a little more expensive than the other house but not having to deal with the horrible landlord will be worth it. The biggest issue that I think we will have is that I have the two dogs and Owl has the two cats. Pet deposits for each of us will be enormous at this new house, if they even allow that many pets. I think Frank and I may have to end up just getting an apartment. No yard. No garden. Having lots of neighbors in close proximity. I'm just not sure that we will be able to find a place for all of us together. Owl pulled up a few places that are pet friendly, but most of them are less than 900 sq ft and having so many critters in the house will make that space super cramped. If we could find a third roommate to chip in on rent, then the houses with pet deposits will be easier to deal with but I have had bad experiences with roommates in the past, I'm actuallya little worried about rooming with Owl, she can be a handful. And so can I. I suppose only time will tell.

This weekend I did some pretty creative stuff! I planted herbs! I have a (bad) habit of holding on to things maybe I shouldn't. Like old speghetti sauce jars and butter tubs. I use the butter tubs as tupperware but the jars I have had no earthly idea what to do with. Until now! I painted them. I took five, I have a few more so I can do this again if I want! I painted them five different colors, sky blue, midnight blue, purple and red and pink. Then I painted yellow around the rims and wrote on them in contrasting colors. I planted Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Chives, and Sage. In the Jars. I wish I could post pictures of them but I can't because I'm on my work computer. I may post pictures over on the facebook though. I watered them and I'm now (im)patiently waiting to see the first little bitty tiny green bits coming up out of the dirt! I'm really excited about my Jarden!

1 comment:

bulletholes said...

I hope your Jardin does well! I've never had much luck with basil or rosemary in containers. I hope you do!