Friday, May 1, 2009

Kitties and Roomies

I got my very first cat in August! He was a shelter cat. Colorado has always had cats and so when we moved in together, he immediately suggested that we run to the shelter and play with the many kitties there.



He had been at the shelter for almost 6 months. We went in looking for a kitten and instead came out with the sweetest cat I have ever met.


Soldier is his name and rubbing is his game. He rubs his face on everything! your fingers, your nose, your chin, your legs, YOUR CAMERA!



Finding an angle that is complementary to the soldier cat is almost impossible. Alas I found a few. And also a couple of Patches, our roommates Red and Tall's wiener dog. And also one of Tall sleeping on the couch!



Daddy knows about this but I'm not sure I told yall about Annabell. She was our kitten. We called her kitten and she knew she was kitten. When we moved at the end of February, she got out while we were moving the bed. We still have not found her.



She took to hiding in the water bottle case and ate her meals on our bed side table. She was so tiny when we found her on the side of the freeway. I hope she is OK.

8 comments:

GEWELS said...

So cute!
But what about your dog?
Did your Dad keep him?

Waterbaby said...

No, my mom has him right now. He kept peeing on everything, even when we had just walked him and we were in the room, I am trying to find a new home for him. But I have been for the last months and every time someone says they are interested and I want to meet them, they bail on me :( poor twister I feel bad that he doesn't have a permanent home right now :(

Barbara said...

Very cute kitty, and I don't even really like cats. I'm sorry to hear about Twister. It's hard to give up a pet even when they have problems.

Waterbaby said...

I don't like cats either. Or at least I didn't like them until Colorado talked me into looking at them and we found soldier. He lets us pick him up and loves attention. He is like a dog except he doesn't need to take walks!(although we do take him on walks, on a leash and he loves it!)

Angela said...

Pets are the best! Each one has a character of its own, even our wild ducks who come to swim in our pond and get fed with black bread. Some are daring (the girls) and even sit on our feet and try to catch the flying bread, and some (the boys) are timid and hope the girls will leave something for them, haha.
Water Baby, I`m glad you came visiting on my blog. I read your last post (the one about your future), and I liked all your comments. You just don`t worry, it will all work out! Even if you`ll have to take some unexpected detours, it`s all about learning and understanding life, and you can`t be finished at 20! Just be courageous and joyful. Love from Angela

Waterbaby said...

Angela, Thanks for stopping by! We also have a lizard named doggie, I'll have to post some pictures of him sometime. He is probably hard to take pictures of than even my loving cat. We have ducks at the pond near our apartment, the ducklings should be hatching soon, they are so cute this tame of year!

red dirt girl said...

Ohhhh!!

my dog Oscar looks like Patches' twin!! how cute ..!

xxx
rdm

Waterbaby said...

RDM- I had one when I was little, a red one, her name was Pal, after the dog Casper takes in!