Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Packages From Usedom


Yesterday, after I skipped dutifully to the mail box, I received the most wonderful of packages! Angela, who I have been visiting and who has been visiting me, sent me chocolates!
Unfortunately, yesterday it was 96 degrees outside! The chocolate was all melted when I picked up the package, so I put it in my freezer.


When it had been properly restored to a solid state, I opened the package. There were chunks of chocolate stuck to all the packages, I couldn't figure out where it was all coming from.


There was also a wonderful little postcard that Angela had filled out with a beautiful picture of the beach on it.



She sent me two chocolates with marzipan, which I had never tried, and two with nougat, which I love.


She also sent me some Lindor Truffles. I think, they melted and because the packages are not sealed, they ended up all over everything! Including my hands, chin and nose!


I love German Chocolate! I normally don't get out my camera when I get mail, but I thought I would share this yummy experience with you!


I didn't open the package until late last night, so I probably shouldn't have eaten any of the chocolate, but it was just too tempting, I love marzipan!!



Thank you Angela, I consider you a good friend to have. Anytime I visit you always have wonderful things to say and you can always find the silver lining in any dark raincloud! Thank you for brightening the blog world, one happy word after the other!

6 comments:

bulletholes said...

Ant left?
I introduced ya'll....do I get a percentage?
Hi Baby, you look so giggly!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, how could I know it was so HOT over at your place?!!!! I`m so sorry! I guess THAT`S why we only eat the Marzipan at Christmas time, when snow is glittering on the fir trees and we come running home with cold feet to light a candle..., and THEN we open our chocolate parcels. Maybe I should have waited till then?
But I was really touched at your blog post, all about this silly melted package! Hahaha. I wonder if you noticed the cow spotted one? I chose it extra because you had mentioned Ft. Worth as Cow Town! And then it all went down the creek, so to say...
But really, Water Baby, I feel honored that you enjoyed it anyway! And let your Dad have one small piece, too (more is not good for him!). Yes, and your Mom!!!!
Ciao! Angela

Waterbaby said...

Hi daddy, you can have some!! :)

Angela, it gets hot early here. I didn't even think about it when you suggested that you mail me some chocolate! I didn't see the spotted one, but the truffle packages were pretty torn up, it was a wonderful thought and I will enjoy the chocolate very very much!! It didn't all go down the creek, I thought it was silly that it melted. When I opened the unharmed marzipan and broke a piece off, I was excited that the marzipan filling was still *inside* the chocolate! I hope I'm as lucky with the others! I will be sure to save my mom and dad a few pieces!!!

GrizzBabe said...

Melted chocolate is better than no chocolate at all! At least in my experience.

Mother of Invention said...

Yeah, you could have made some s'mores right then! I'm surprised the postie guys didn't!! Neat when you get something from a blog friend. I got some Couscous from Barbara and a Xmas card from Norway once! And then, I met your your sweet daddy in real life at the Texas airport!! I might have met you too had your car not had trouble in that mall or wherever!!

Waterbaby said...

Grizzbabe, I completely agree! I love melted chocolate!

Mother of Invention, Good to 'read' you!! I so wish I could have met you that day, maybe we will still meet in the future.