Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rainy Days and Wedding Dates

Colorado and I sat down and made out a budget to see if we could make the drive up to Denver to see his family this June. We also made a budget for the wedding. I have been trying to show him how difficult it will be to have a nice wedding (the way I want it) and Colorado has come to the conclusion that I was right and that we won't have the money to get married the way I want to. So, we have backed off from the 'one year from now' date. We do have money saved. Since last August we have managed to save quite a bit. But at the rate we have been going, it will probably take us at least two more years, working the 20 to 30 hour weeks that we both do right now, to save up the money for us to get married and have the honey moon that I want.

I was getting into the planning part of it though, I really got excited. That's probably part of why he decided to say we could wait. I was showing him flowers and asking him about colors and showed him this nifty budget thing that I found online and he started asking about why stuff cost so much. We have decided that we will wait, mature, and buy a second car before we get married. Too bad, I had already gone to try on dresses and OMG I loved planning the wedding :) Oh well, this way we both get more of what we want!

7 comments:

GEWELS said...

Even two years will FLY right by. It'll be here before you know it.
I would love to see your ideas. What fun!

Angela said...

You are still so young! Women are prettiest around 30! You`ll make a stunning bride whenever you do get married!
If you give me your address (your Dad has my email address), I`ll send you German chocolate!

Barbara said...

Remember that the important thing is your relationship. It will need to far outlast the wedding. I can barely remember the details of my rather simple wedding, but I am happy to say I still delight in the love and friendship with the guy I married. When you both determine it's the right time to get married, just make do with whatever you can afford at the time. You know your dad will provide all the necessary entertainment! :)

bulletholes said...

(gulp)

red dirt girl said...

wow - i'm so impressed that you are saving and planning. great skills for a relationship. money worries and debt can weigh heavy on a couple (trust me - i KNOW). in fact i think it is one of the number one reasons why couples argue!!

so i suppose it's lunch instead of a reception ??? ;-)

xxx
rdm

bulletholes said...

You guys wouldn't believe how good she is with money.
I don't know how they are making it but they are.
I'll say it again, the Water Baby is very good with her money.

Waterbaby said...

Gewels, I know, but it still seems like a really loooong time lol only 1121 days to go!! I think the colors are going to be lavender and deep rose red, Ill have to post some pictures of all the goodies I'm finding!!

Angela, I always thought I would be at least 25 when I got married, oh well! thank you very much, I'll try to get some pictures up when it comes round to wedding dress time! I would love even a tiny box of delicious German Chocolate :D I'll get that from my dad!

Barbara, That's very true, Colorado was my best friend before we started dating. I'm just really excited, I know that after its over I wont care what it looked like :). I bet my dad could entertain a whole stadium full of people.

Dad, don't worry, I wont make you!!

RDM, Thank you! We try not to fight about money, I think our biggest fight to date was when one of us put the keys on the fridge and we 'lost' them and blamed it on each other! Well, we arent sure yet, maybe a morning wedding with a lunchtime reception and maybe cheesecake or lemon torte or something instead of wedding cake.

Dad, How much is this candy bar? ... and what about that one?