Monday, June 8, 2009

New Car!!

On Friday night, I got a text message from my mom. It said that Step-dad wanted to buy Colorado a car for graduation. So... On Saturday morning, we went to a Texans Can! car auction! Texans Can! asks people to donate cars to go to auction. All the proceeds go to scholarships for low income students. Colorado came home with a 1994 gray Volvo! It has fewer miles than my Camry does, few dents, and even has a sunroof!! He loves his new car (even though it doesn't have a radio yet) and I'm so glad! Lately we have both been running around like crazy, trying to get both of us to and from work and school, now we don't have to worry about not having a ride to work anymore! Thank you Step-dad, we appreciate this sooo much!!! I will post pictures later!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Very generous of your stepdad. I'm sure Colorado's Volvo is much newer and prettier than my '85 wagon that has been through a lot, but continues to run just fine.

My Castle in Spain said...

Congratulations for the new car !
also i wanted to thank you for your lovely message
:-)

Angela said...

My husband and I also bóth drive a Volvo. Best cars in the world!! What a generous step-dad!

Waterbaby said...

Barbara, cars go through so much! They can be in so many wrecks and still be dependable, if you take good care of the engine!

Lala, you're very welcome! Thank you, it is a very unexpected and appreciated gift!

Angela, Colorado saw the car and knew that it would be his car. I'm not sure I had ever even ridden in a Volvo before he brought it home.