Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garden of the Gods
















"The Garden of the Gods was given to the City of Colorado Springs in 1909 by the children of Charles Elliott Perkins in fulfillment of his wish that it be kept forever free to the public"

I have never seen anything this beautiful. I took so many pictures, I agonized about which ones to show you all! We only spent about 30 to 45 minutes and saw very little of the park. It started raining about 10 minutes into our short walk and the clouds were so pretty! The Garden of the Gods, such an appropriate name for such a breath-taking place. The huge red rocks sunk into the ground, shooting hundreds of feet into the air could not be the work of any other but God himself. If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping by the Garden of the Gods, you may only plan to stay for a few minutes, but trust me, the rocks are irresistible.

4 comments:

bulletholes said...

Very cool place Baby, very cool!
I wish I'd had some of these pics when I did my Walt Whiman post.
post more pictures...I need to know where you are asnd what you are doing up there!

Waterbaby said...

I will Daddy, I'll post another 15 or so tonight! I keep my camera with me so that if I see something I can take pictures of it, I took over 200 pictures so far!!

Barbara said...

That first pic is a couple in love, if I ever saw one! Colorado is a cutie!

This is the kind of place that makes us realize what a special country we live in. I'm sure you've noticed just how diverse the country is as you drove up there from Texas.

Have fun on your time away!

Waterbaby said...

Barb, I think he is very cute! :) Every time I look outside I am amazed by the beauty of the mountains. Texas is pretty, but this is something else entirely!