Friday, June 19, 2009

Mt. Evans, Snow, and Trees










































We went up to the highest paved road in North America, it was snowing about half the way up and it was so pretty from the top of a snowy mountain. We stepped outside the car and into a 32 degree snow flurry! It was so much fun. We also drove up to beautiful Estes Park. I tend to take pictures of the mountains, and nothing else, but they are pretty pictures. Colorado's Aunt and Uncle took up mini golfing, Colorado won, and to get Salt Water Taffy. CO was so pretty and I can see us living there, but it is so good to be home!

6 comments:

bulletholes said...

Did you bring me a souvineer? I forgot to ask for a souvineer!
I wish I still had that big pine cone you and Lee brung me...its maybe still out at Arnolds...hmmm...

GEWELS said...

Nice photos- it looks like a beautiful place.

It is always nice to be home.

Barbara said...

You've seen some pretty impressive sights. Colorado has very nice teeth, by the way. :)

Angela said...

Beautiful but COLD!! But yes, beautiful! You both look very happy. Sweet!

Waterbaby said...

Dad, I hope it is. Haha, it's probably a good thing that was before 9/11 or they might not have let us bring it to you! I didn't get you anything, I'm sorry Dad, maybe I'll get you something the next time we go out there :D

Gewels- It is such a pretty part of the country that it is hard not to take a few good pictures! It was good to be home for a few days but now that it's 105 degrees outside everyday, I kinda miss the cooler weather we had up there, it rained almost every day!

Barbara, Thank you lol, Colorado's mom is a dental hygienist, so she would be happy to hear you say that!

Angela, When we got in the car in Denver, it was 76 degrees and by the time we got out at the top of the mountain, it was 32 degrees!! It was pretty cold all week though, never more than 80! and it even hailed a few times! Oh and Dad wanted me to tell you, a nucky (or noogy as the kids called it) is something my dad used to do, we would be playing chase or something and when he caught us he would put us in a head hold and rub his knuckles on the top of our heads. It never hurt and mostly made us laugh!

GrizzBabe said...

I thought those mountains looked familiar!! I spent a summer at Estes Park back in college. I worked for YMCA of the Rockies. Good times. And a BEAUTIFUL part of the country.