Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brandi

Every little girl wants a horse, I'm sure if you ask him, my Daddy would have plenty of 'cute' stories of me as a little girl, dressed up in a stuffed horse for Halloween, pretending my bicycle has a name and listens to me, her name was Starlight, she was a Palomino. I am not sure if you have heard about Junior, my uncle, but he is very ill in the hospital(I will elaborate in another post). Well one of Grandma's best friends, Martha, called my mom the other day because of all of this.

My mom, in turn, then called me. "Water Baby, do you remember a few years ago when Grandma bought that horse for Brandon?" Yes, I did, but I had all but forgotten about it. "Well Martha called and wanted to know if you wanted that horse, Brandon has never gone to see it, and Grandma won't mind."

And so I have a horse. My own horse. A horse that I can go see. Whenever I want!

Brandi is chestnut, kind of, she also has sploches of white, like she is greying, on her rump and shoulders. She has big brown eyes with blue rims and you can see the whites of her eyes. Martha thinks she is an appaloosa. Brandi hasn't been trained and barely walks on a lead rope without nipping at you. She is three years old and Martha spoils her like a baby. I hope that going to see her will help her stop nipping and maybe I can help train her.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

How exciting that you now have a horse of your own! What ever happened to your cute little dog?

bulletholes said...

Ah, yes, this is what you are thinking of...
http://srevestories.blogspot.com/2007/11/89-cents.html


Brandi! i'm so glad you got your horse! Don't let her bite your ear off.

Waterbaby said...

lol I wont!!!

GrizzBabe said...

Wishes DO come true!

GEWELS said...

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!!

Good for you- I've wanted my own horse forever. Can I come ride her?

Keep us posted on her progress.
And, I found out the hard way that mares bite WAY more than geldings.

My pony was named Sugarfoot- she was also a palomino. She wasn't stuffed- she was plastic and had springs on her feet. Boy did I love that pony.